Imagine it’s a regular day. You’re on I-20 or I-65, heading home after work. Suddenly, you get hit by another car. It happens every day, all over the Birmingham region. Fender benders, T-bones, or rear end collisions slow down traffic and leave people injured.
After any car accident in Birmingham, you need to contact an experienced attorney. Guster Law Firm, LLC can help deal with insurance companies and lawyers, fighting for your legal right to financial damages. But, before you contact us to file a car accident claim, there are things that need to be done. And things you need to avoid doing. Below are few examples of both.
Things to Do After a Car Accident
- Dial 911 to report the accident. Getting police and an ambulance to you as soon as possible is very important.
- If possible, pull over to the curb or side of the road. Turn on your hazard lights. Moving out of the road can help avoid other cars hitting you and making the accident scene worse.
- Collect information from everyone else involved in the crash. Collect the other driver’s insurance and contact information. (Get information from witnesses, too.)
- Stay at the scene. Even if the other driver tries to hit and run, don’t chase them. That’s dangerous and can only lead to further damage. Let the police find them.
- If you can, take pictures of your vehicle’s damage and the entire accident scene.
Things to NOT Do After a Car Accident
- Don’t panic. Yes, you’ve been in an accident. But, they happen to people every day. You need to remain calm to get through the situation.
- Don’t get out of the car if you’re seriously injured. Wait for medical help.
- Don’t admit the accident was your fault to anyone. Try to keep talking with the other driver and their representatives to a minimum. Let Guster Law Firm, LLC do the talking.
- Don’t leave the scene without exchanging information with the other driver.
- DO NOT talk to insurance companies or lawyers representing the other driver in the accident. Call Guster Law Firm, LLC.
Guster Law Firm, LLC Can Help
If you were hurt in an auto accident because of another driver’s negligence, Guster Law Firm, LLC can help. We can help you pursue compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, car repairs, pain and suffering, and other damages. Call us today.
You can reach us at (205) 386-6844 to discuss your situation.