Birmingham Fatal Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Get Legal Help After a Motorcycle Wrongful Death in Alabama
Motorcycles can be a great to get around Birmingham cheaply and quickly because they allow you to avoid traffic and spend less money on gas than you would with a standard passenger vehicle. Motorcycles can also be a great form of recreation, offering the riders unencumbered views of Alabama's beautiful countryside. But, unfortunately for motorcyclists and their families, motorcycle riders can be severely injured or killed in collisions with passenger vehicles.
In the tragic event that you've lost a loved one in an accident involving a motorcycle, you need to consult one of the Birmingham fatal accident attorneys at Guster Law Firm, LLC. Since 2002, our firm has successfully represented clients in many areas of personal injury law. Let Guster Law Firm, LLC put our knowledge and tenacity behind your wrongful death claim. Call our offices today at (205) 900-3484 or (877) 487-8375 for a free consultation.
Compensation In a Birmingham Motorcycle Wrongful Death Claim
If you've lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you and your family may be able to pursue compensation for any of the following wrongful death damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before they died
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits (such as medical benefits and retirement)
- Property damage and loss
- Loss of love, companionship, affection, guidance, marital consortium, etc.
- Loss of household duties the deceased performed (such as childcare, property and vehicle maintenance, accounting, etc.)
- Punitive damages
Who Can Be Held Liable In a Birmingham Motorcycle Accident Wrongful Death Claim?
Any party whose reckless, negligent, or intentional actions contributed to the motorcyclist's accident can be held liable for the rider's death. These actions can include:
- The driver of the vehicle that caused the accident
- The entity responsible for maintaining the roadway
- The manufacturer of a defective motorcycle or motorcycle part
- A mechanic or garage that performed maintenance on the motorcycle
Some Common Causes of Fatal Motorcycle Accidents
- Many fatal motorcycle accidents are caused by negligence of the driver of the larger vehicle that hit them. Examples of this negligence are not being on the lookout for motorcycles; not checking mirrors, blind spots, and making head checks before changing lanes or turning; and not giving a motorcyclist an adequate amount of space when they share the road.
- A growing cause of fatal motorcycle accidents is distracted driving. The distraction can be caused by eating behind the wheel, grooming behind the wheel, adjusting the radio, and cell phone use while driving.
- With only two wheels, motorcycles are far less stable than four-wheeled vehicles. This is why many motorcycle accidents can be attributed to poor road conditions, such as oil on pavement, potholes, loose gravel, debris on roadways, etc.
- What list of common motor vehicle accident causes would be complete without including impaired driving. Whether it's alcohol, prescription medications, or illegal drugs, an impaired driver is less likely to see a motorcycle on the road and far less likely to have the reactions to avoid a collision.
Contact Our Alabama Fatal Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
While no amount of financial compensation can bring back a lost loved one, a substantial settlement can help you through a difficult time and secure the future for you and your family. For more information regarding your legal rights and options, call a Birmingham motorcycle lawyer at Guster Law Firm, LLC. For a free consultation, dial (205) 581-9777.